Chick-fil-A® Yonge & Bloor opens in Toronto on Friday, September 6 at 10:30 a.m.
Normal business hours will be 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Saturday.
The first franchised Chick-fil-A restaurant in Canada will feature our famous Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich and other signature menu items.
Chick-fil-A is proud to welcome customers to its first international franchisee-owned restaurant at 709 Yonge Street in Toronto, ON. The 4,400 sq. ft. restaurant was designed to provide exceptional service and a seamless customer experience with innovative ordering technology and seating for 70 guests. The restaurant will open on September 6.
When Torontonians take their first bite of the original Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich and other signature menu items, they’ll experience for themselves how Chick-fil-A became the favourite quick-service restaurant of U.S. consumers.†
Chick-fil-A’s philosophy is to serve guests freshly prepared food, made simply. The famous original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich is made with a chicken breast filet, breaded by hand and served on a buttered, toasted bun with pickles.
More about Chick-fil-A food:
- Chick-fil-A Yonge & Bloor serves two premium coffee blends that are roasted in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and specifically developed for Canadian tastes. In addition, some of the menu’s baked goods, dairy, eggs and produce are sourced in Canada.
- The Chick-fil-A® Chicken Biscuit is a breakfast-sized portion of chicken breast, prepared and cooked the same way as the chicken in the original Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich, but served on a fluffy buttermilk biscuit. Chick-fil-A Team Members handroll and bake biscuits each morning.
- Chick-fil-A® Nuggets are available breaded or grilled, and they’re perfect for pairing with one of the seven delicious Chick-fil-A dipping sauces.
- The most popular item on the Chick-fil-A menu in the U.S., Chick-fil-A Waffle Potato Fries™, are made from real potatoes and cooked in canola oil, then seasoned with sea salt.
- The Chick-fil-A salad entrées (Spicy Southwest, Cobb, and Grilled Market) feature freshly prepared and nutritious ingredients that are hand chopped in restaurant every day.
- Chick-fil-A® Lemonade is simple, delicious, and contains just three ingredients: water, sugar, and real lemon juice — not from concentrate.
- No meal is complete without a special treat – whether you’re craving a health-conscious option such as the Fruit Cup and Greek Yogurt Parfait, or a classic hand-spun milkshake – our restaurants have a menu of choice.
The restaurant will be independently owned and operated by Wilson Yang. His restaurant has created more than 100 local jobs across a team made up of part-time positions, and full-time director-level staff who are responsible for managing HR & training, finance, guest experience, and culinary operations.
“I’m excited to be Chick-fil-A’s first Operator in Toronto. My wife Drew and I recently moved nearby to the restaurant, and I can’t imagine a better city to live and work,” says Yang. “At Chick-fil-A, Torontonians will find great food and quick service, in a welcoming environment.”
Treating guests with care is a big part of the Chick-fil-A experience. Chick-fil-A Yonge & Bloor is open and bright with clean lines and little touches like fresh flowers on tables. The location is designed for speed with in-line ordering technology that doesn’t sacrifice human interaction; this includes Team Members greeting guests in-line and taking orders on a tablet. Dining room hosts will refresh beverages, check in on guests tableside and provide hospitality throughout the day.
Chick-fil-A One Bloor East will open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday. Like all Chick-fil-A restaurants, the restaurant will close on Sundays to allow Team Members to have a dedicated day off.
About Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family owned and privately held restaurant company founded in 1967 by S. Truett Cathy. Devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate, and known for its Original Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich, Chick-fil-A serves freshly prepared food in more than 2,400 restaurants in 47 states and Washington, D.C.
Chick-fil-A reported more than $10 billion in revenue in 2018, which marks 51 consecutive years of sales growth. A leader in customer service satisfaction, consumers voted Chick-fil-A, Inc. #4 in Harris Poll’s annual corporate reputation survey, ranking the company 4th out of 100 in 2018. Chick-fil-A was also recognized for customer experience again in the 2018 Temkin Experience Ratings survey, was named “Best Franchise Brand” in 2018 by Airport Revenue News and was named one of the top 100 best places to work by Glassdoor in 2017. Continuing its founder’s legacy of generosity and service, in 2018 Chick-fil-A’s Remarkable Futures initiative awarded $14.65 million in scholarships to restaurant Team Members nationwide. In 2017 the company’s philanthropic Chick-fil-A Foundation awarded $1.23 million to 23 not-for-profit organizations across 13 states through the True Inspiration Awards. More information on Chick-fil-A is available at www.chick-fil-a.com.
Contact: Chick-fil-A Media Hotline: (800) 404-7196
† Source: Market Force survey: https://www.marketforce.com/America’s-Favorite-QSRs-Revealed-Latest-Market-Force-Study