Monday, April 20th COVID-19 Update
In addition to making operational changes at Chick-fil-A restaurants to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, Chick-fil-A, Inc. is establishing a $10.8 million community relief effort for local Chick-fil-A Operators to assist their communities. To read more about this fund and other ways we are supporting our communities during this time, click here.
Friday, April 10th COVID-19 Update
The teams at our corporate Support Center and in local Chick-fil-A restaurants are working each day to review the evolving COVID-19 situation and guidelines, and are adapting operations to help minimize close contact among Team Members and guests who visit Chick-fil-A during this time.
In accordance with the Public Health Agency of Canada and Toronto Public Health recommendations, Chick-fil-A restaurants are making changes to help keep people healthy while providing the same level of service. As we incorporate physical distancing into our daily routines, we are shifting the way we extend hospitality.
Amid rapid changes, our commitment remains constant to the customers we serve, the Team Members and delivery drivers who are serving in new ways, and all of the people working together in our local communities to protect the well-being of their neighbours.
Behind the scenes we are working with our operations, delivery, food safety and customer service teams to constantly review the evolving situation and adapt to help protect the health of anyone who orders Chick-fil-A during this time. Here are some of the latest changes guests will see:
Guests will notice several differences meant to keep them – and restaurant Team Members – out of harm’s way.
- Team Members will wear face coverings while working.
- Team Members will participate in frequent hand washing – at least every 30 minutes.
- Team Members are required to wear gloves and have been provided guidelines on safe glove use and the importance of frequent hand washing, even when using gloves. Team Members who handle transactions are wearing gloves and washing their hands every time they interact with cash.
- Team Members must wash their uniforms daily.
Getting Chick-fil-A delivered:
With more people staying inside due to coronavirus, you can still order Chick-fil-A without leaving home.
- DoorDash is helping us deliver our food. All delivery meals are required to be sealed with stickers to ensure they have not been opened since being prepared and packaged.
- Our delivery partner is also implementing options for limited contact or to have food left at your door.
We are reevaluating every aspect of our business to ensure we are taking every measure possible to prevent the spread of illness, including the way we package your meals.
- For the time being, items like our signature Icedream®, Milkshakes and other menu items will be served in different packaging to limit contact.
- Since its founding, Chick-fil-A has been rooted in a legacy of care. And that care, caution and attention to detail extends to the parts of our business guests do not see.
- When clocking in for their shifts at Chick-fil-A restaurants, Team Members are prompted to review a list of symptoms, including those of COVID-19, so they know not to clock-in, but to go home if experiencing symptoms or if they have experienced symptoms in the past 24 hours.
- We are also making thermometers available to our Operators for Team Members to be able to check their temperature before entering the restaurant.
- To help restaurant Team Members maintain two-metres separation from each other and guests whenever possible, restaurants have been equipped with visual diagrams with guidelines.
- For restaurant Team Members, cleaning and disinfection is a top priority. Chick-fil-A restaurants use disinfectants that are on Health Canada’s list of hard-surface disinfectants for use against COVID-19 to disinfect point-of-sale systems and other high touch points at least every 30 minutes.
And, we understand that this is a challenging time for our independent restaurant owner Operators, as it is for most businesses. To give them the financial flexibility to make the best decisions to care for their people, we are offering them financial support to help offset the hardships to their businesses due to the current crisis. Please know that we are taking every precaution we can to keep our restaurants open to serve you and support our Operators and Team Members.
Your experience and well-being are as important to us now as ever.
Friday, April 3rd COVID-19 Update: An Update from President and COO Tim Tassopoulos
Dear Friends and Customers,
This is an unprecedented and certainly unsettling time.
Amidst physical distancing, self-isolation measures, working from home and school closures, our days are different and our challenges, unique. Parents are trying to figure out how they can work and educate their children at the same time. The elderly and home-bound are more isolated than ever before. Essential service providers are facing extraordinary demands and millions of people are finding themselves with dramatically reduced work or no job at all.
As a result, collectively our lives have drastically changed and our concern – for ourselves, for our communities and for one another – is heightened. All of us at Chick-fil-A want you to know we are in this with you and committed to serving your community with the upmost attention to safety – both for our Operators, their Team Members and all of you. Since its founding, Chick-fil-A has been a purpose-driven organization. That purpose, which is rooted in the legacy of care left by our founder S. Truett Cathy and his deep personal faith, has guided everything we do for more than 50 years. As we navigate this ever evolving and challenging situation, we want to share with you some of the principles we are using to inform our decisions specifically during these difficult times.
- Safe Service: The health and safety of those who serve and those we serve is always first and foremost. Everything we do is first examined through this lens. We will not do anything that may sacrifice health and safety.
- Implementing Best Practices: We will meet or exceed all applicable local, provincial and federal laws and guidelines. We have a dedicated team that is working on ensuring we know how the laws and guidelines are changing. We are working with your local Chick-fil-A Operators to make sure we adjust to those changes.
- Service to Communities: Because serving our communities, especially during uncertain times, is intrinsic to our purpose we will strive to continue serving Customers – by adjusted means such as physical distancing and delivery so we can provide another option for access to food and genuine hospitality.
- Complete Well-being: We are immensely grateful for the people who serve our Customers and communities everyday – our Operators and their Team Members. Their total well-being is on the top of our minds in every decision we are making.
At Chick-fil-A our core values are about coming together and helping one another. We feel the challenges and uncertainty with all of you. We are a community-based business. Our independent Owner-Operators are your neighbours and their Team Members are your community. We care for them and their Customers like our own family.
These certainly are unprecedented times; yet we remain grateful…grateful for the tremendous work of those providing care for the sick, grateful for the opportunity to be a source of comfort and hospitality, and grateful for our Team Members, our Operators and the communities they serve. On behalf of our independent Owner-Operators and their Team Members living throughout your communities, know we care for you and your health and are here for you now and in the years to come.
President and COO, Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Thursday, March 26th COVID-19 Update
This is an unprecedented time. Our communities and neighbours are feeling the increased impact of coronavirus as we all continue to take necessary actions to keep each other safe and healthy. While our Restaurants remain open to provide a nourishing meal and what we hope is a moment of normalcy and hospitality for our Guests, we are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our Operators, Team Members and customers.
First and foremost, as our Guest, you should know all of our actions and processes are in accordance with or exceed federal, provincial and local public health guidelines. We are monitoring the Public Health Agency of Canada and Toronto Public Health to ensure as guidance or recommendations evolve, we make appropriate changes to help protect the health of anyone who visits or is served by our Restaurants. We encourage you to continue checking our website for all COVID-19 related updates.
Here are answers to questions we’ve heard from you.
March 20th COVID-19 Update
As the coronavirus situation evolves, Chick-fil-A Restaurants across the country may adjust their hours of operation, implement operational changes or temporarily close. Our focus during this difficult time is the health and well-being of our Guests and Team Members. To learn more about potential changes at your local Chick-fil-A Restaurant, please visit our location finder here.
March 18th COVID-19 Update
Our Operators and their Team Members are the heartbeat of Chick-fil-A and we want to assist them how we can. The majority of our restaurants are operated by local, independent, small business owners that care deeply for their Team Members and their communities. To give them the financial flexibility to make the best decisions to care for their people, Chick-fil-A has put in place a comprehensive plan to help offset financial hardship to their businesses related to the current crisis. Additionally, Chick-fil-A owned and operated restaurants are providing paid sick leave for Team Members who have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
March 15th COVID-19 Update: Temporary Closure of Dining Room Seating
Chick-fil-A is closely monitoring and complying with all state and local regulations and mandates regarding restaurant operations. Our highest priority continues to be the health and well-being of everyone who comes into our restaurants. As we navigate the evolving impact of coronavirus on our communities, we are temporarily closing our dining room seating to help limit person-to-person contact. Chick-fil-A Yonge & Bloor will be happy to serve you for carry-out. Chick-fil-A Yorkdale Mall will continue to serve carry-out as usual. Thanks for your patience as our restaurants begin transitioning their operations this week. We know these are challenging times, but we’ll continue to do our best to serve you.
March 13th COVID-19 Update: Changes in Restaurant Operations
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through the uncharted territories of COVID-19. While our Restaurants remain open to provide a nourishing meal and a caring environment during this unprecedented time, we are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our Operators, Team Members and Guests. We also take seriously the role in supporting local health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the virus.
Starting today and as the situation evolves, we will be initiating additional operational changes in Restaurants across Toronto. We understand this may impact your dining experience and wanted to share some of the changes you may see or experience in your local restaurant:
- Meals served in carry-out packaging.
- As a precautionary measure, we have temporarily closed our dining room seating. We would be happy to serve you for carry-out.
- Beverage refill service may change.
- As COVID-19 continues to impact Restaurants and communities at varying levels, Restaurants may implement additional changes such as reducing operating hours or offering a limited menu.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been impacted by COVID-19. As always, it is our pleasure to serve you.
March 11th COVID-19 Update: Chick-fil-A President on preparation and response for COVID-19
To Our Valued Guests,
As our communities continue to feel the increased impact of coronavirus, we feel it is important to share with you what we are doing to help keep people healthy. Please be assured we have protocols in place and are working with the CDC and local public health officials.
At Chick-fil-A, we strive to take great care of the people in communities in which we serve, from local Operators and their restaurant Team Members to Guests dining in our restaurants across the country.
As part of our protocols, our restaurants have heightened their cleaning and disinfecting procedures to maintain a healthy environment for our Guests and Team Members. We’ve instructed anyone who is not feeling well to stay home out of an abundance of caution and self-monitor their symptoms. In addition to following CDC guidance and partnering with local health departments, all franchise restaurants have been equipped with recommended procedures to follow if their community, or someone from their restaurant, becomes impacted by the virus.
As the situation evolves, restaurants may implement additional preventative measures to ensure Guest and Team Member wellbeing, including staffing or service modifications. Each local restaurant Operator will communicate necessary changes within their restaurant.
In addition, actions we have taken over the past several years have helped us prepare for scenarios like this and throughout this process, we have been continuously refining and implementing new procedures. From food safety to health and hygiene to cleaning and sanitation, we have allocated an abundance of resources into building chainwide guidelines that go above and beyond FDA requirements.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate this challenging situation one day at a time and determine how best to continue serving our communities, while maintaining our focus where it belongs: on our Valued Guests and Team Members.
Tim Tassopoulos, President and COO Chick-fil-A
# # #
About Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family owned and privately held restaurant company founded in 1967 by S. Truett Cathy. Devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate, and known for its original chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-A serves freshly prepared food in more than 2,500 restaurants in 47 states, Washington, D.C., and Canada.
A leader in customer service satisfaction, Chick-fil-A was named top fast food restaurant in Newsweek’s 2019 America’s Best Customer Service report and received several honors in QSR’s 2019 Reader’s Choice Awards, including “The Most Respected Quick-Service Brand” and “Best Brand for Overall Experience.” Additionally, Glassdoor named Chick-fil-A one of the top 100 best places to work in 2020. More information on Chick-fil-A is available at www.chick-fil-a.com.
Corporate Media Hotline: (800) 404-7196