The Chick-fil-A Franchise System
Chick-fil-A and its third-party service providers may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information you provide directly to us, and information we collect about you when you interact with us. For example, we and our third-party service providers collect information both directly and indirectly from you when you:
• contact or communicate with us;
• request information from us;
• register for any event or program, and/or participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, "Promotions");
• begin or complete the application process for a franchise opportunity, or for employment by Chick-fil-A, Inc;
• access or use Chick-fil-A pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare ("Social Media Pages");
• sign-up for communications (e.g., Email Insiders, Text Insiders, or social media notifications) from us;
• provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to us;
• interact with CFA Online Services via mobile, tablet or laptop device; and/or
• otherwise interact with us and CFA Online Services.
When you engage with Chick-fil-A Social Media Platforms, we may receive information (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with our Social Media Pages. The information we have access to from the third-party social media websites varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website and by your consent. The information that may be passed to analytics providers and advertising partners is via cookies and tracking technologies..
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, which information may include your:
• telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
• email addresses;
• any other personal information that you share with us (e.g., via a survey or otherwise).
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers use Traffic Data, Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain information from you when you use CFA Online Services. The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
• your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
• pages you view within CFA Online Services (including videos viewed);
• websites you visited before coming to CFA Online Services;
• emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
• offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this information to personalize your online experience and we may also use this information for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. CFA Online Services automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser (collectively, "Traffic Data") to manage and improve CFA
• For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx;
• For Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies;
• For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677; and/or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our CFA Online Services or programs, features, and services made available through any of CFA
Other Technologies. We and our third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies. For example, if permitted by applicable law, we may collect "referrers" and various environmental variables. A "referrer" is information the web browser passes along to our or our third-party service provider web servers, which refers to the URL from which you accessed CFA Online Services. Environmental variables may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed CFA Online Services or Social Media Pages, the type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit CFA Online Services or Social Media Pages, the names of the web pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website you visit next. These environmental variables are collected by most websites. We use these technologies for marketing purposes and to optimize user's experience with CFA Online Services.
Information automatically collected may be combined with your Personal Information so that we can improve and customize CFA Online Services and our communications and Promotions.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"), on certain CFA Online Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you visit CFA Online Services, what pages you visit within CFA Online Services, and what other sites you visited prior to coming to the applicable CFA Online Service. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve CFA Online Services. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google provides users more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics by developing an Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be located at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By installing this Add-on, no information is being sent to Google Analytics.
In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
If you utilize any of the location-based services in our mobile applications, such as Find a Restaurant, we and our third-party service providers may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We use such information to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
We use your information that we collect, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
• providing our products and services to you;
• communicating with you regarding our restaurants, products, services, events, Promotions, other offers;
• tailoring our products, services, Promotions, communications, and CFA Online Services, and advertisements to your interests;
• administering our Promotions and other offers;
• responding to your inquiries, comments, stories, or postings;
• improving and customizing our products, services, Promotions, and CFA Online Services;
• for internal operations such as enhancing our product and service offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
• developing new products, services, and Promotions;
• for marketing purposes;
• to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
• to protect the security and integrity of our business and CFA Online Services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
• with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of CFA Online Services and Social Media Pages, the distribution of email and mobile messages, Promotions, marketing, and marketing research and analysis;
• with our Franchised Operators and Licensees in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
• to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation or where otherwise required or permitted by applicable law;
• as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Chick-fil-A, its Affiliates, Franchised Operators and Licensees, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
• to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
• in the event of a proposed or completed corporate transaction;
• in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
• in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Collection and Use of Personal Information of Prospective Chick-fil-A Franchised Operators
If you complete an application for a franchise opportunity with Chick-fil-A, or express interest or otherwise request information about franchise opportunities, we collect Personal Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for a franchise restaurant business opportunity. We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration as a Franchised Operator. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested information may negatively impact consideration of your application to become a Franchised Operator.
Collection and Use of Personal Information of Chick-fil-A, Inc. Employment Applicants
If you complete an application for employment with Chick-fil-A, Inc., or request information regarding such opportunities, we collect Personal Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment with Chick-fil-A, Inc. We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration as a Chick-fil-A, Inc. employee. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application.
Access and Your Choices
We provide you with the opportunity to access, update and/or delete certain information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
• change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications (e.g., Email insider, Text insider, and other notifications);
• choose whether to receive Promotions and offers from us;
• request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
• request access to or correction of your Personal Information.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, services, Promotions, and offerings to you.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
We seek to keep your Personal Information secure and implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help us protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We also request that our third-party service providers use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or use.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Franchised Operator and Licensee Online Services
We may, subject to certain terms and conditions, allow a Franchised Operator or Licensee to link to CFA Online Services. Chick-fil-A, however, is not responsible or liable for any Franchised Operator or Licensee Online Services, even if it is linked to this Site, or for any Franchised Operator's or Licensee's online conduct and privacy practices.
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349-2998
Attn: Chick-fil-A CARES
1-866-CFA-2040 or 1-866-232-2040
Copyright © 2018 Chick-fil-A, Inc. All rights reserved.