A Refreshing Holiday Recipe: How to make Peppermint Chip Milkshake Pie
Grab a Chick-fil-A® Peppermint Chip Milkshake from your nearest Chick-fil-A restaurant and shake up your holiday menu with this easy-to-make dessert (just 5 ingredients!)
Looking for a new festive dessert to enjoy with friends and family? Our Peppermint Chip Milkshake Pie recipe has all the right ingredients to satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth. It’s also perfect for home chefs of all ages and skill levels.
With only 5 ingredients, this holiday treat can be whipped up in no time. The cherry — err, mini chocolate chips — on top? This pie is delicious even when everything’s not perfect. Made with our Peppermint Chip Milkshake, the recipe works (some might say even is better!) if the milkshake melts a little bit on the ride back home.
Here’s how to combine some unexpected ingredients to create a wonderfully creamy and refreshing dessert:
Our limited-time Peppermint Chip Milkshake is a customer-favourite every holiday season. So, when Chick-fil-A Senior Culinary Lead, Christy Cook wondered if you could turn the minty, melty milkshake into a pie, we pulled up a chair (and a fork) to find out.
If you love the Peppermint Chip Milkshake, just wait until you try stirring it together with a whipped topping, crushed candy canes and mini chocolate chips — and then pouring it all into a graham cracker pie crust.
Talk about a sweet surprise.
What you’ll need
- 1 Chick-fil-A® Peppermint Chip Milkshake (if the milkshake is a little melted, even better!)
- 1 ready-to-eat graham cracker, cookie, or chocolate pie crust
- 225 g frozen whipped topping (about 8 oz), thawed
- 4 crushed regular candy canes (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
Time to shake things up
- Stir the Peppermint Chip Milkshake and half of the whipped topping together with the crushed peppermint candy canes and chocolate chips. Set aside 1 tbsp of the candy canes and chips for the topping. If the milkshake is melted, just whisk everything together to mix evenly with the whipped topping.
- Once mixed, pour into the pie crust. Cover and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Before serving, top with the rest of the whipped topping, then sprinkle on the remaining crushed candy cane and chocolate chips.
- Slice and share with friends and family and enjoy yourself!